Vada Pav Recipe: Street food everywhere in India is famous for its excellent taste. Mumbai’s ‘Vada Pav’ has become quite famous not only in the country but across the world. It is a dish that is cheap and delicious. You will find vada pav on every street in Mumbai. Most of the tourists visiting Mumbai enjoy this street food. Due to the popularity of Vada Pav, ‘World Vada Pav Day’ is celebrated on 23rd August every year. If you also want to enjoy this delicious dish on this special occasion, you can easily make it at home. Let’s know about the ingredients required for Vada Pav and its method.
Also Read: ‘Chili Paneer’ Will Doubly Taste Food, Finger Licking
Ingredients for Vada Pav
10 pieces pav
2 cups gram flour
2 cups refined oil
1 pinch of baking soda
500 grams of boiled potatoes
2 tsp salt (to taste)
4 green chillies (chopped)
1 teaspoon mustard
10 curry leaves
2 teaspoons of garlic
1 pinch asafoetida
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Easy way to make Vada Pav
1. To make Vada Pav, first collect the required ingredients. Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. After that add mustard. Then fry for few seconds with hing and curry leaves.
2. Next add grated garlic, chopped green chillies and fry the ingredients for few seconds. Then mash potatoes and mix well with turmeric powder and salt. Now keep aside to cool for a while.
3. Meanwhile, make a batter by mixing gram flour, turmeric, baking soda and some water. When the potato mixture cools down, make 10 tikkis of equal size. You can give any size you want. In Maharashtra, Vada is mostly made in round shape.
4. Now take a fry pan and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, dip each tikki/vada in the batter and then slowly release it into the hot oil. Fry all tikkis in hot oil until golden brown. Remove to absorbent paper and set aside.
5. Then cut each pav in half and place one vada on each pav. Add some green chutney, spices and fried house chillies to enhance the taste of your vada pav. Lemon can also be sprinkled on it. This way your delicious vada pav will be ready.
Also Read: Try ‘cheese dosa’ for breakfast, the amazing taste will drive you crazy
Tags: food, Food recipes, lifestyle, Mumbai, street food
First Published: August 23, 2022, 19:01 IST