HRTC recruitment scandal: 1 thousand page chargesheet, former minister Bali has no role, handwriting of accused matches

0
16
HRTC recruitment scandal: 1 thousand page chargesheet, former minister Bali has no role, handwriting of accused matches


Shimla. In the HRTC conductor recruitment scandal that took place 18 years ago in Himachal Pradesh, News18’s tough sources have made a big revelation. The role of former Transport Minister GS Bali has not been found in the investigation so far, though the case is still under investigation. The police investigation has so far found no signature of Bali. There is also an important news that in the merit related documents where cuts were found and overwriting was found somewhere, the headwriting was only of the accused officers.

Advertisement

This has been confirmed in the report of the forensic lab. Recently, an FSL report received by the Shimla police revealed that the handwriting belonged to the same accused officers. Where candidates have been numbered, cuttings have also been found in many places. Let us tell you that the scandal was published in such a way that only 300 conductor posts were advertised but 378 people were recruited. Of these, 223 candidates were found who got the job without being interviewed.

Four years of investigation

Shimla police have been involved in the investigation of the case for the last 4 years but have not been able to prepare a chargesheet so far. The involvement of GS Bali is also being investigated, but so far nothing has been done against him, but the investigation is still ongoing, so some more revelations can be expected. However, in July 2019, police claimed that a chargesheet of about 18,000 pages had been prepared. Now the information has been found that the papers of the chargesheet have been sealed in 8 bags, but the chargesheet has not been finalized yet.

What the police say

In this regard, DSP Kamal Verma in an interview with News18 said that the investigation into the conductor recruitment case is going on, a very long investigation is going on, so not much can be said about this at the moment, but it is necessary to end the investigation soon. Regarding the delay in filing the chargesheet, the DSP said it was a long process, with many links attached, and it was difficult to say when the chargesheet would be filed.

The investigation will end soon: police

About a dozen people, including a few suspects and candidates, remain to be questioned in the case. Police are demanding an end to the investigation soon, but only personnel personnel have been assigned to investigate. Let me tell you that this investigation is going on regarding this appointment during the then Birbhadra government. In this case, 5 officers, including a former IAS officer, have been charged, one of whom died. Police sources say strong evidence has been gathered against the accused. This evidence is enough to convict him.

300 posts have to be filled

On August 2, 2002, a meeting of the Board of Directors of HRTC was held at the Hotel Holiday Home, where approval was given to fill the post of conductor. Under this, 166 posts of General Department, 54 posts of OBC, 66 posts of SC and 14 posts of ST have to be filled. These were advertised on 23 September. 1 January January, 200 On, 1 thousand 9 hundred and 90 candidates appeared in the written test, out of which 1 thousand 107 candidates got more than 50% marks. On June 1, 2004, the interviews were held at the departmental level.

So the debate

This appointment fell into controversy when the results were published. The allegation was that only 300 posts were advertised, but 378 posts were filled. 78 posts were filled without advertisement. A resident of Bilaspur raised questions and lodged a complaint. The matter was first investigated by DSP Birendra Kalia and on July 1, 2012, an investigation report was submitted by the Vigilance to the then Chief Secretary. In this whole process, qualifications have been deliberately categorized, the report said.

Mostly from the sand area

There should have been only one merit list in Himachal Pradesh. A maximum of 147 conductors were selected from the Dharamsala division. Of these, 73 were elected from Nagrota Bagwan, the assembly constituency of the then transport minister GS Bali, and 35 from Rohru, the assembly constituency of the then chief minister Birbhadra Singh.

Lawsuit against them

In this regard, on March 14, 2017, the then MD Daljit Singh Dogra, DM Dharamsala HK Gupta, DM Hamirpur SP Chetarji, DM Simla Mathura Das Sharma and DM Ringchin Negir under Sections 420, 120-B and 13 (a) of IPC at Shimla Sadar Police Station. A case was filed against him. After that SIT was formed.

2 candidates have been kept without interview

If the formula is to be believed, cuts have been found in the documents relating to the merits. Somewhere overwriting is taking place, where the candidate has been given a number, in many places cuttings have also been found. There were 223 candidates who got the job without being interviewed. On July 10, 2019, the Himachal High Court granted conditional anticipatory bail to HK Gupta, the chief general manager of HRTC, accused in the recruitment scandal, which stayed his arrest. CGM HK Gupta 200 is one of the accused in the conductor recruitment case held in 2003-04. At the time of this appointment, he was the DM in Dharamsala. Recruitment boards for conductor recruitment were created at the divisional level.

Read Hindi News online and watch Live TV News18 on Hindi website. Learn about country and abroad and your state, Bollywood, sports world, business.

.



Source by [author_name]

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here